Tiong Bahru Heritage Walk #22
Yes, everyone is talking about old Tiong Bahru these days, but what stories lie behind this charming conserved neighbourhood dating back to the 1930s?
MEETING POINT: Tiong Bahru Community Centre Admin Office (via Eu Chin Street from Seng Poh Road). Please note that the CC entrance near Tiong Poh Road is closed due to construction work.
Each of our walks is guided by our passionate and experienced volunteers, some of whom have lived in Tiong Bahru for many years. Walk with us and learn more about the rich heritage of Singapore's oldest public residential estate. From stories of prominent businessmen such as Tan Tock Seng and Tan Kim Cheng, to residents who were born in the air raid shelter during World War II, to saying hello to our community cats.
Our walks are free of charge, but we gratefully accept donations that will go towards supporting renovation works for Tiong Bahru Community Centre.
Approximate duration: 2 hours
Please aim to arrive at least 10 minutes before start time.
Walks might be cancelled in the event of very heavy rain.
- Wear comfortable attire and footwear
- Use sunblock, sunglasses and insect repellent
- Have a bottle of water with you
- Pack an umbrella or poncho. Walks will continue in light rain.
- If you drive, please arrive early as parking spaces are very limited on weekends. Please use car park behind Block 78 Guan Chuan Street.
For more information on Tiong Bahru and photos of our previous walks:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
- The event description was updated. Diff#83540 2015-03-31 17:01:27
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM SGT
- Tiong Bahru Estate
- Venue Address
- 67A Eu Chin Street Singapore
Meeting Point: CC Admin Office (facing Seng Poh Road). Tel: 63235838