Backstreet Osaka Tours 2019, September 22nd (Sun)
CANCELLATION POLICY: If the weather is inappropriate to do a tour you will get a full refund. Also up till 3 days before the tour you get a full refund if you decide not to participate.
・Visit the exciting retro zone with all it's charms & quirks
・Explore a unique, historical red light district
・Taste testing at two different local street stalls
・Historic facts of a region controlled by the yakuza
・Venture into the intriguing ghetto area with a controversial past
・One hour all you can eat traditional Osaka dinner
Time : 5:30pm start (2.5hr walking tour, option 1hr dinner)
Meet up location : Daikokucho Station (Exit 1, Meet at top of stairs)
Cost : ¥5600 each (without the dinner option), ¥7400 (with dinner option)
DEEP OSAKA TOUR
These are the incredible Backstreet Osaka Tours of the ghetto, retro zone, yakuza, redlight district, illegal gambling dens and the neighbourhood alleyways. During the tour you’ll do some taste testing at two different street stalls. Then after we finish exploring, you’ll be treated to a traditional meal & desserts at a local restaurant.
We strive to show you the authentic Osaka on this night tour, where you get a real and deep understanding of the inner workings of this amazing city visiting some heritage architecture which is steeped in history & some run down, derelict areas too…not what Osaka Tourism wants you to see!
Get an inside look with one of our bilingual tour guides: Andy (who is half Japanese & half Australian), Rutti (American) & Tony (half Japanese & half American). All have an extensive knowledge of the Osaka region and can answer all your queries on this walking tour.
Featured on 6 newspaper articles & sites around the world (Australia to as far away as Poland)
Travel writer: Lesley Holden (traveller.com)
WHAT WE'LL EXPLORE
We will show you the hidden gems that you would never find without us.
1. Night Ghetto walk: run down warehouse areas, quaint back streets & arcades
2. Learn about the Osakan night culture: off the beaten path best eateries & bars
3.Visit the illicit underground gambling dens: Majong, Go & Shogi
4. Take a glimpse at the lost homeless regions: respectfully & never staring.
5. Red Light district tour: witness a region controlled by the infamous yakuza
6. See bizarre only in Japan establishments. Quirks & superstitions
7. Traverse the unmissable winding, narrow back alleys nearby Namba station
8. Set foot in Osaka’s most important, but unknown, shrine. Rituals explained
9. Discover and understand the runnings & loopholes of the pachinko palours
10. Visit and hear the background of love hotels & its impact on society
Warm Regards, Andy, Backstreet Osaka Tours Team
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM JST
- Daikokucho Station EXIT 1 (top of the stairs). Next to the Family Mart Convenience store.
1 person (No Dinner) SOLD OUT ¥5,600 1 person (With Dinner) SOLD OUT ¥7,400
- Venue Address
- 2-chōme-5-16 Shikitsuhigashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka Japan
Backstreet Osaka Tours122 Followers