[Ticketed Experience] A Scent of Memories by Kamini Ramachandran - 1 February
About the ticketed experience
Little India was always a place of congregation and many conversations were held over meals. From the early migrants to today’s hipsters, this place is never silent. Today, most people are still focused and distracted by their phones even when they dine at restaurants.
Inspired by Little India’s historical sense of community and gathering together over food, Kamini would like to recreate this experience for audiences. When the storyteller comes and sits at your table, it is time to put away your devices and listen.
Things to Note
1. Dinner theatre storytelling will be carried out in a communal dining setting (You may be seated with other diners up to a table of 6)
2. 10 mins to 15 mins of intimate storytelling session within your dining period
3. The timings you signed up will be best adhered to, but please do expect delays as the artist Kamini will be moving from table to table
4. Please arrive by 7:45 pm to place your orders and have the food served to prevent any disruption during the storytelling session
5. Payment must be made directly to the restaurant on the day itself
6. Pricing at $50++ per head and additional $68++ with wine pairing
About the performer
Kamini Ramachandran is a storyteller with a deep knowledge of the Asian oral tradition. With a focus on culture and heritage, she is an experienced educator for museum-based learning and is known for her site-specific performances. Through MoonShadow Stories she pioneered storytelling for adult audiences and founded The Storytelling Centre Ltd to advance the art of storytelling through the Young Storytellers Mentorship Programme. She is also the creative producer of StoryFest Singapore.
About ARTWALK Little India 2019
ARTWALK Little India is an annual multidisciplinary public arts project set in the cultural precinct of Little India. Presented by the Singapore Tourism Board and LASALLE College of the Arts with the support of Little India Shopkeepers and Heritage Association, ARTWALK is back with its fifth edition themed Image and Sound of Fragrance.
From wall murals to exhibitions to performances, ARTWALK has something for everyone. Excite the senses and immerse yourselves in the rich heritage and culture of fragrance in Little India. The festival will run from 18 January to 2 February 2019 with performances and activities on Friday and Saturday evenings.
8:00 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
8:00pm FULL 8:15pm FULL 8:30pm FULL 8:45pm FULL 9:00pm FULL 9:15pm FULL
- Venue Address
- 120 Desker Road Singapore
ARTWALK Little India 2019316 Followers