Freelance in Tokyo - How To Build a Side-Hustle
This is the first ever Live Work Play Japan event! I'm so excited to share with you what I have learned about freelancing in Japan. This is not a lecture, this is a workshop where you'll learn, discuss and plan out exactly how to reduce the hours you have to work, while boosting your hourly rate into the stratosphere!
This event is for people who want to:
- do work you are proud of
- have more time to do what you want
- earn more money per hour
- and build career capital for your future in or out of Japan.
Hi everyone, I'm Charlie. I've been freelancing in Tokyo since early 2016 and self-sponsored my visa in September 2018 to continue to do work that I am excited and passionate about. So what am I doing now, and why should you listen to me?
- I teach part-time on 4 days for just 8 teaching hours a week at a private high-school.
- I work remotely for various corporate and SME clients as a web-designer, writer, video editor and social media marketing consultant.
The rest of my time is open for me to have lunch with friends, work on my own side-projects and business ideas, or just relax at home.
Yet I can afford to go on holiday several times this year to Europe (and New Years in San Francisco), live in a nice apartment less than 15 minutes from Shibuya station and generally live life my way. How?
That's what this workshop is for; I'll show you exactly how you can take control of your schedule, square it with Japanese immigration authorities (even without a spouse or PR visa) and make more money working on your own terms.
- The event description was updated. Diff#392587 2018-12-02 10:59:38