Meet the Author (10/31/2018)
Jay Sullivan, author of Simply Said: Communicating Better at Work and Beyond and Forbes.com contributing writer
Join us for this special event to learn insights on leadership from a master of the art of communication!
Jay Sullivan is the Managing Partner at Exec|Comm LLC, a Manhattan-based communication skills consulting firm, a Forbes.com contributor and two-time book author. Jay returns to Tokyo to share leadership communication lessons from his newest book, Simply Said, and answer questions on how we can all become master communicators.
In his highly-evaluated 2017 talk, Jay shared insights on clear messaging and storytelling. This year, he’ll help us explore building a leadership brand through effective communication. He’ll draw on leadership lessons gained from interviews with Fortune 100 senior business leaders around the globe in a fun, interactive session, followed by Q&A and networking.
18:00 Doors open
19:00 Interactive presentation and Q&A
21:00 End of event
What Others Have Said About Simply Said
- "Sullivan highlights powerful ways that you can better connect with people. 'Simply Said' is a quick read that will help you improve the quality of your communications and become a more effective leader." - Stephen R. Howe, Jr., US Chairman and Americas Managing Partner, Ernst & Young
- "'Simply Said' shows us how to communicate effectively by focusing, not on our own perspective, but on the perspective of our audience and their interests. It is clear and engaging, and it is an invaluable guide to anyone who needs to communicate successfully to achieve the goals that matter to them - which is all of us." - William M. Treanor, Dean and Professor, Georgetown University Law Center
- "From small talk to presentations to leadership, communications are key. 'Simply Said' provides practical advice (or reminders) to ensure your success. Practicing what they preach, it is written in straightforward, simple language that's about you and your success." - Russell Morris, Chief Human Resources Officer, The Conference Board
For over 30 years, Exec|Comm has helped develop professionals and leadership populations across the globe. The ExecIComm philosophy is simple: professionals impact the world by focusing more on others and less on themselves.
- We train groups of professionals and coach executives across all industries.
- Our programs offer real skills for real life - experiential learning using real world scenarios so that your employees can immediately implement the skills.
- One size does not fit all – we customize every training experience to meet your specific needs.
- Headquartered in New York City with an office in San Francisco and global hubs, we have coached over 500,000 professionals since 1982.
- Our clients include JPMorgan, UBS, PricewaterhouseCoopers, IBM, MedImmune, MetLife, Skadden and Siemens.
- Our team of 40 coaches and instructors collectively speaks ten languages.
- The event description was updated. Diff#379406 2018-10-16 13:58:08