Why Architect? Forum
In conjunction with Archifest 2018, the Singapore Institute of Architects Committee for Small and Medium Architectural Practices (SMAP Committee) will be presenting another installment of the popular “Why Architect?” forum.
Archifest 2018 is centred on the theme Design for Life, which broadly encompasses the Architect’s vision to respond to the true needs of humanity. Sub-themes include: Design for People, which promotes better life & well-being; Design for Time, which addresses the lifespan of building design; and Design for Environment, which enhances the life of our planet, flora and fauna.
In this “Why Architect?” forum, join key players in the building industry – architects, engineers, builders, surveyors – as they explore these themes and discuss various issues that will interest home & business owners, property enthusiasts, academics and students.
Some of the questions discussed include:
ARCHITECT’S LEAD ROLE
- Who is an architect?
- What is the role of an architect in a construction project?
- What is the training of an architect?
- How is the profession regulated?
- What is a Registered architect?
- What is a building contract?
- Who administers the building contract?
- What are the respective roles of the Owner, Architect, Engineer and Quantity Surveyor in a building contract?
- What are the building codes that govern a project?
- Who is responsible to ensure the building is in compliance to the building codes?
- What is TOP/CSC?
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM SGT
General Admission FULL
- Venue Address
- 277 Orchard Rd, #03-12 / #04-11 Orchard Gateway Singapore
Archifest Singapore2,102 Followers