Event is FINISHED
Your city, your story.
Jane's Walk Singapore 2018
Come join us for a weekend of free walks in your community this May!
Jane's Walk marks its sixth year in Singapore with a series of free community-led walking tours across Singapore on 4 to 6 May 2018.
Jane's Walk is a movement of free, citizen-led walking conversations inspired by legendary urban thinker, writer and activist Jane Jacobs. Jane Jacobs was a champion of walkability, thriving neighbourhoods and involving local communities in the changing landscape of city life. Most famous for writing the book The Death and Life of Great American Cities, she taught that understanding a city requires observation, questioning and discovery.
Every year, cities around the world celebrate Jane Jacobs with a weekend of free walks in the city on the weekend closest to her birthday (May 4). The walks are led by people who call Singapore home and participants are also residents of the city.
The walks are free-of-charge and slots are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Don't miss them!
[UPDATED 28 APR - waiting list opened for Emerald Hill walks]
Friday, 4 May 2018
- 10am: A Walk into the History of Catholic Education in Singapore
- 6pm: The Elegance of Emerald Hill by Jane Iyer [waiting list]
Saturday, 5 May 2018
- 8am: Gardens with a Difference by Animal Allies
- 8:30am: Love MacRitchie Walk by NUS Toddycats [waiting list]
- 9am: Tampines Quarry by T.R.E.E.
- 10am: Duxton: Conservation & the Creation of Public Space [NEW]
- 2.30pm: At the Crossroads: Bukit Panjang by Eisen and Jinhua
- 5pm: Tiong Bahru Charm by Isabel Servando
- 6:30pm: Walking in Their Sandals by Debbie Fordyce
Sunday, 6 May 2018
Want to find more groups and events like this?