Talk: Which Wolf are you Feeding?
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy. "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too." The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?" The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
Which wolf are you feeding; feeding the the right wolf is crucial for your mental health.
Human brains are hardwired to notice negativity, we are skeptical and careful and that is also the reason why we are not prone to engage in impulsive or risky actions, such as putting our fingers in the electrical outlets. Research has found that in a day, an average person has about 12,000 to 60,000 thoughts, and out of which, 80% are negative! Although negative thoughts are common, allowing them to go over and over in your head - known as 'rumination' - will lead to increased anxiety, depression and helplessness; hence, to what extend of negative thinking is fine?
Join us for a 90mins talk on 27 March at 730PM, where the speaker, Stephen will be covering:
- To what extent of negative thinking is normal and alright
- How chronic negative thinking can impact your wellbeing
- How chronic negative thinking can be altered with psychotherapy
Get your ticket here!
For enquiries or registration, contact us at +65 6844 5161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The talk will be followed by a 30mins course preview on our psychotherapy programmes by our consultant.
Psychotherapy courses offered at The School of Positive Psychology
- Certificate in Counselling
- Certificate in Psychology and Counselling
- Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Diploma in Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling
- Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapy
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
- Venue Address
- 100 Orchard Road, #03-20/21/14, Concorde Hotel & Shopping Mall Singapore