Web Development: The Complete Guide for non-techies
Ever wondered what makes a website work and how they are built?
Or what do buzzwords such as Cloud, Sass, AI and Machine Learning really mean?
Perhaps you may even have a business idea to launch on the web but don’t know how to start?
Web Development: The Complete Guide for non-techies will cover the major components and technologies that go into the design and development of large scale, high traffic web applications. Through this course, you will
- Gain a good understanding of the web development landscape
- Pick up tech vocabulary and learn the different frameworks, libraries, and services used in building a modern web application.
- Get comfortable with coding, and be able to read and write code.
No prerequisite knowledge is required.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is considering to switching to a career as web developer
Entrepreneurs without programing background
Business Developers,Marketers,Sales,Operations in Tech Companies
Section 1: Introduction, how internet works
Section 2 Development Process: Frontend, Backend
Section 3: Web Hosting , Domain name, System Requirements
Section 4: Data & Database
Section 5: Web Security
- The anatomy of a web page
- Basic programming and "math"
- Create a static page(basic HTML & CSS)
- Working With API /Dealing with data
About the Instructor
Sherwyn Goh - Software Engineer, Skyscanner
Ex-food franchise owner/operator, personal trainer. Not that it has been very relevant career-wise, but my degree is in Finance. This November year marks the coming of my fourth year programming, and new learnings are still sprouting every day (spoiler: that’s why tech is exciting - it constantly moves and you’ll never be bored if lifelong learning is what you desire). I come from a non-tech background, and I’m just as excited about what technology brings to our lives, just like you.
- The event description was updated. Diff#297489 2017-11-23 06:53:01