Children discover how to develop 3D technologies in gaming. This course will expose children to a different style of programming involving icon-based code blocks. Using higher-order logical thinking skills, children learn conditionals and state machines. Creativity and communication capabilities are further honed in through storyboarding techniques and game design processes. No prior experience required.
This course will provide children with the following skills and competencies:
– trial and error capacities: learning from mistakes
– crafting original products through coding language
– creativity, ingenuity, and innovation
– metacognition (learning to learn)
Kodu is a new visual programming language made specifically for game development in 3D. It can express advanced game concepts simply and intuitively.
How do we at KidsCode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We will help them discover basic Kodu elements
- We will explore an existing Kodu game and break it down how the game works
- We will guide them to edit the Kodu game by replacing with their own objects and background
- We let them know that we will create their first original game
- Then we will sit down with them and think about a theme such as a plot and game setting before they start creating the game
- We will guide and encourage them to personalize the game