Code Artist Holiday Camp [Ages 12-15] Dec 11-15 - Tinkercademy
Combine the domains of technology, arts, and maths to investigate algorithms that generate drawings and animations. For instance, explore the concept of angles to discover how to create simple geometric shapes procedurally. Then move onto transforming these shapes into more complex and animated ones. Students will think about decomposition, pattern recognition, and abstraction. This project-based camp is well-suited for students with an inclination towards the visual arts and/or technology!
- Ages 12-15
- 1:5 Instructor-Student Ratio
- No experience necessary - beginners are welcome, as are intermediates!
- 5-day camp (15 hours in total)
- Learn fundamental programming concepts, build computational thinking skills, and make artwork/animations
- Take home the projects you create
What will I learn?
- The basics of drawing with code and how to generate geometric shapes
- How to use loops to generate multiple shapes
- How to use variables and lists to generate variety
- How to animate a drawing
- How to use functions and classes for abstraction and generating more complex programs
- Processing (software)
If you have any questions, concerns, or are looking for suggestions for your student, feel free to contact us at +65 3125 6257 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
Check out the details for this camp and other camps Tinkercademy offers at https://tinkercademy.com/programmes/holiday-camps/.
Want to find more groups and events like this?