Hands-on CubeSat Workshop, Pre-Launch & Early Mission Systems
DATE: Saturday, 07 Oct 2017
TIME: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
LOCATION: Science Centre Singapore, 15 Science Centre Road, S(609081)
*** PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUESTED TO BRING THEIR OWN LAPTOPS***
In celebration of UN World Space Week 2017, we are happy to announce a unique hands-on opportunity to assemble and code mini-satellites known as "CubeSats."
During this workshop you will work with a CubeSat to gain firsthand knowledge of pre-launch and early mission activities:
- You will learn about space systems
- You will assemble a CubeSat from a kit, including camera payload
- You will implement scripted code to integrate the satellite components through your own laptop
- You will program an interface between your CubeSat and our “mission control centre”
- You will send images from your CubeSat to “mission control”
Does this sound like “rocket science?” It is.
It is also accessible and understandable if you're a university student or professional, regardless of technical background.
We will work with you to get your system up and running. You don’t have to be an expert programmer, but you do need a general sense of how programming works. Just ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not sure.
Are you a student? Contact us at email@example.com to receive a discount code.