75 years ago, Singapore burned.
Its people lived under Japanese rule for more than three years, from February 1942 to September 1945.
The events have passed, but the memories remain.
Find out how they lived during those tumultuous days, through a visit to the buildings and sites that held the Japanese Broadcasting Department, the Kempeitai (Japanese Military Police) Headquarters, Syonan Museum, Victoria Street Girls' School, and Bras Basah Boys’ School. Uncover stories of survival and courage, and be inspired by the resilience of the human spirit in “Singapore Occupied” tours.
Monuments & Historic sites covered: Former Cathay Building (now The Cathay), Former Saint Joseph's Institution (now Singapore Art Museum), Former Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Chapel and Caldwell House, YMCA Building (Historic Site: the Kempeitai East District Branch),National Museum of Singapore
Starting point: Entrance of the Cathay
Ending point: National Museum of Singapore
- Participants should arrive at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registrations will not be entertained.
- In the unlikely event where you cannot locate the tour group or guide by the starting time, please have your phone on standby for the tour guide to contact you for further instructions.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time and participants who are late may not be able to get on the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour will proceed in the event of wet weather and participants are advised to each prepare an umbrella or a raincoat in case.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather (e.g. - unhealthy haze conditions, thunderstorms) or due to other unforeseen circumstances affecting the tour.
- In the event of tour cancellation, participants will be informed via email (a few days before the tour) and SMS (2 hours before the tour)
- Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM SGT
- Civic District
Standard SOLD OUT $5.00 Student / Senior Citizen SOLD OUT $3.00
- Venue Address
- The Cathay Singapore
Monumental Walking Tours1,474 Followers