Event is FINISHED
read more Optional: Fill up the direct bank feed forms with client’s bank details
#4: Conversions (hands-on) - October (Singapore)
Xero's cloud software brings all the information accountants need together in one simple and easy-to-navigate space. Beautiful powerful tools put you in charge of your clients' accounts and your own workflow.
Xero's training events let you explore the benefits of the cloud, and helps you and your practice get seamlessly set up in Xero.
About this Event
You are ready to set up your first client on Xero, but don’t know what to do? This is the course you want to attend. In #4: Conversions, you will learn the basics of setting up your client:
- Add an organisation
- Partner set-up screens
- Organisation, Financial, and Invoice settings
- Tax rates
- Chart of Accounts
- Conversion balances
- Xero Conversion toolkit
This is a hands-on, practical learning session. To ensure you get the most out of the session, please:
- Bring along your Internet ready device (e.g. MacBook, laptop, tablet) installed with Google Chrome / Safari / Firefox and Microsoft Excel.
- Ensure you know your Xero log in details.
- Ensure the Principal’s billing account has been activated and that staff attending the training session are invited into the billing account - speak to your Account Manager if you need help.
- Choose a simple real-life client (e.g. single currency, no inventory, service industry) that you intend to move to Xero.
- Once the client file is reconciled, extract the following as at month end / financial year end:
- Country the company pays taxes
- Base/functional currency
- GST basis (accrual / cash)
- Tax ID number, name, and period (e.g.: monthly / 3 monthly)
- Financial year-end date
- Company logo for invoice templates
- Chart of Accounts tagged to the relevant GST codes
- Trial balance as at period end date
- Extract the following in Excel format:
- Your customer and supplier lists
- Your open invoices listing (for account receivables) and open bills listing (for account payables)
- Your fixed asset listing with fixed asset details (asset number, depreciation method), purchase price and date, movement from cost to net book value
- Your manual journal listing
- Your inventory item listing with inventory balances.
Who Should Attend
Principals, partners and/or senior managers of accounting and bookkeeping practices in Singapore. Please note that registration begins at 9:15am and the session shall start on time - please do not be late!
Must I be a Xero Partner to attend?
No, but you will get the most out of the training session if you are signed up as one and are set up on My Xero Partner Edition. This allows you to try our single ledger and follow through the demonstrations.
How do I become a Xero Partner?
Simply fill up this form and we will be in touch to assist you.
What does it mean to be a Xero partner?
100K+ Accountants and Bookkeepers use Xero to work faster, more efficiently, and help their practice thrive. Learn more about the Xero Partner Program here.
How can I become a Xero-certified Advisor?
Learn more about Xero U here.
- The event description was updated. Diff#279489 2017-09-19 08:15:56
Add to Calendar
Tue Oct 10, 2017
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM SGT
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM SGT
- Venue Address
- 115 Amoy Street, #03-00, Singapore 069935 Singapore
2-min walk from Telok Ayer MRT (Exit A)
Want to find more groups and events like this?