Learn to Speak: Build Public Speaking and Leadership Skills in MIM Toastmasters Club of Johor Bahru!
-Neale Donald Walsch
1. Chance to improve the skill most in demand by employers. Hiring decision-makers consistently list communication as the No. 1 skill they seek in new hires. The candidates who get jobs and get promoted are confident and are often the best communicators. For those who require improvement in communication, Toastmasters is the best investment that they could reward themselves. Many have credited Toastmasters with their life and career transformations!
2. Opportunity to polish leadership skills. Communication skills are a huge part of how Toastmasters helps professionals, but they go hand-in-hand with leadership skills. Since 2011, Toastmasters has emphasized leadership and developed the tagline, “Where leaders are made.” Toastmasters is known for its well-organized and engaging meetings. Members get to sharpen and practice leadership skills by running engaging meetings and special events.
3. Practice in thinking on your feet. The comedian George Jessel once said: “The human brain starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public.” Most of us have had the terrifying experience of freezing up when asked to speak unexpectedly. You may be called upon to speak to your boss, the media, customers, and other audiences with little previous notice. Developing your ability to speak eloquently off the cuff means you’re ready to talk about anything and respond quickly to questions instead of having your mind go blank.
4. An inexpensive training and professional-development program. In most organizations, budgets for training and professional development were among the first line items slashed in the economic downturn. External trainings are often charged at throat-slicing rate! In contrast, the dues a member pays to belong to Toastmasters is affordable even for university students. You will be surprised that some employers might even be willing to sponsor their employees’ membership.
5. Excellent networking opportunity and many more
But then I am afraid..
1. Visiting a club is an exciting first step in reaching your goals. There’s no need to feel pressure to participate at your first club meeting – you can simply observe if you wish.
2. Then after a few visitations, you would be motivated to embark into your public speaking and leadership journey because you would notice there is no other mistake-friendly environment safer than Toastmasters. There after you will be assigned a personal mentor to "hold your hands" and guide you until you are able to walk your own development journey independently. (That’s MIM TM JB’s ultimate goal!)
We are a strong club yet big warm family that emphasizes heavily on individual’s growth! Everyone will be well taken care of and encouraged to stay out of their comfort zone, in a safe way!
2016/17 President’s Distinguished Club
7x President's Distinguished Club
4x Select Distinguished Club
4x Smedley Award
2x Beat the Clock Award
Success has no room for hesitations! Make your first brave step, conquer your fear and let Toastmasters unleash the enormous public speaking and leadership potential in you!
Join us in our next meeting:
Venue: Eight Days Boutique Hotel Permas Jaya
Date: Every First and Third Tuesdays of the Month
Fee: Free for first-time visitors, RM10 for repeating guests and visiting Toastmasters (dinner will be provided)
For more information, please contact:
Tan Kai Yang (President) 017-5553618
Tan Ke Wei (VPPR) 016-3897183
Do not forget to join our Facebook public group here: