Scratch with Makey Makey
Register your interest on Peatix by "purchasing" a RSVP ticket. Our Sales Reps will get in touch with you!
The course fee is $349(Without Kit) - $419(With Kit) - For more information, please visit https://www.kidscode.sg/product/scratch-makey-makey/
Learning to code is so much more fun with an interactive kit, like Makey Makey. Makey Makey is a simple Invention Kit suitable for all ages who are interested in exploring coding with the incorporation of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) in a fun and enriching manner.
During the course, your kids will be challenged to think out of the box, to program their Scratch projects together with Makey-Makey kit. They will be motivated to turn items like fruits, playdoh, and even water into fun controllers for games with Makey-Makey kit. At KidsCode, we feel accomplished if our kids love coding after the session.Requirement
- No prior coding experience required
- Expose to building an independent Scratch Application
- Learn to control the coding language with a Makey Makey Kit
- Enjoy loads of fun in project-based learning to incorporate Scratch Application with Makey Makey Kit
- Enhance logical thinking skill to execute a task
How do we at Kidscode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises for his/her simple animation
- We get them to rebuild this first project or do a slight variation of it
- We teach them the way to connect Makey-Makey kit to a computer
- We guide them to program in Scratch application that will work with Makey-Makey kit
- We get them to work on a new project without any guidance
- We repeat the process to instill confidence and familiarity
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding; the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed!Key Takeaways
- Exposure to the Makey-Makey kit which is actually a microcontroller board
- Learn how Makey-Makey kit can work by using proper wiring and connection
- Learn block programming skills using Scratch application
- Develop his/her own version of a Makey-Makey project using commonly found items!
- Continue with many more game creations with Scratch application and share them with his/her friends
- Aspire to be next game changer!
- Try taking up the Create Your Own (Adventure) Game! 2D game creation course or Who’s Not Mobile Ready? - a mobile app creation course to learn even more coding tricks!
For more information and to confirm your child's space in the course, please visit www.kidscode.sg