Python Basics 101
Register your interest on Peatix by "purchasing" a RSVP ticket. Our Sales Reps will get in touch with you!
The course fee is $639 - For more information, please visit https://www.kidscode.sg/product/python-basics-101/
Python is a widely used high-level, general-purpose, interpreted, dynamic programming language, which means it can be used to build just about anything. Python is great for backend web development, data analysis, artificial intelligence, and scientific computing. Many developers have also used Python to build productivity tools, games, and desktop apps. So come and learn how to Code with Python, create games and build programs, through the power of code. The core philosophy of the language is:
- Beautiful is better than ugly
- Explicit is better than implicit
- Simple is better than complex
- Complex is better than complicated
- Readability counts
- Experience with coding is preferred
What do your kids learn?
- Introduction to the Python Programming Language
- Basic programming concepts such as variables, data types, iteration, flow of control, input/output, and functions
- Get creative and put on your Design Thinking Hat to create simple interactive projects
- Get real to create fun, interactive games and programs with the rich features of Python
How do we at Kidscode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We will introduce Python and its coding functions
- We will share a project that has been developed using Python
- We will break down the project so that they can understand how it is done
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises for their first project (Tic-Tac-Toe game)
- We get them to rebuild this first project or do a slight variation of it
- We then leave them to build a simple new project from scratch
- We get them to work on this new project without any guidance
- We repeat the process to instill confidence and familiarity
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding, the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed! Some examples of how Python can be used and applied:Key Takeaways
- Your very own interactive digital Tic-Tac-Toe game!
- Python is open source; continue on to explore and develop more programs with Python such as create a simple calculator that helps in your school work
For more information and to confirm your child's space in the course, please visit www.kidscode.sg
- The event description was updated. Diff#271236 2017-08-21 03:46:26