Who’s Not Mobile Ready?
Register your interest on Peatix by "purchasing" a RSVP ticket. Our Sales Reps will get in touch with you!
The course fee is $329 - For more information, please visit https://www.kidscode.sg/product/mit-app-inventor/
We will be introducing App Inventor as the programming language in this course. App Inventor for Android is an open-source web application originally provided by Google. It is currently maintained by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The application allows newcomers to computer programming to create software applications for the Android operating system. Your kids will be exposed to mobile app design process as well as programming fundamentals.Requirement
- No prior experience required.
- Simply bring along your creative mindset and energy
What do your kids learn?
- Introduction to MIT App Inventor 2 (AI2) and Event-Driven Programming
- Identify common apps available in the Android Marketplace & learn on the key features of those apps
- Encourage your kids to put on their Design Thinking Hat
- Explore and learn critical thinking skills
- Understand the process of developing a mobile app
- We will introduce MIT App Inventor 2 and its function
- We will show a sample of Mobile App developed by MIT App Inventor 2
- We will break down the functions of the app so that Kids can understand how it is done
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises for their first project
- My School
- My Hobbies
- We get them to rebuild this project or do a slight variation of it
- We then leave them to build a simple new project from scratch
- We get them to work on this new project without any guidance
- We repeat the process to instill confidence and familiarity
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding, the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed! Some examples of how skills learned in our course can be used and applied:Key Takeaway
- Your very own mobile app
- As MIT App Inventor is an open source, you can continue to enhance your App at home!
- Ability to develop mobile app using MIT App Inventor
- Take the next step up and try App Creation for both iOS and Android, another app development course available on KidsCode!
For more information and to confirm your child's space in the course, please visit www.kidscode.sg