Behind-the-Scenes: Tour of Masjid Abdul Gafoor
Join us on behind-the-scenes tours and open houses, and learn more about the history and activities of veteran Indian institutions in the Little India neighbourhood!
About the Institution
The Abdul Gafoor Mosque was completed in 1910 on land that originally belonged to the Al-Abrar Mosque, along Dunlop Street. Shaik Abdul Gafoor bin Shaik Hyder was a trader and a trustee of the the Al-Abrar Mosque, and owned several shohouses that he built on the land adjoining the old mosque. Income from these shophouses allowed him to build a new mosque, which is today named after him. Masjid Abdul Gafoor was designated a national monument in 1979.