Kimbap-Making Workshop for Parent and Child
Get a taste for Korea with this parent-child kimbap-making workshop at the Asian Civilisations Museum. Participants will learn how to make kimbap, a delicious and child-friendly dish from Korea, from expert teacher Heryong Kwon and her own daughter, Sophie.
Each child must be accompanied by a guardian or parent, respectively. Strictly no exceptions will be made.
Participants should report 10 minutes before the start of the session. Limited spaces are available.
This workshop is part of the Asian Culture & Music Series. The April programme explores the colourful and delicious world of Korea on Friday and Saturday (31 March and 1 April).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need any experience to join this workshop? Is this workshop suitable for my child?
No experience is needed! This workshop is suitable for beginners and children 4 years and older.
2. I have several children. Can my older child accompany their younger sibling in the workshop?
For the safety of the participants, every child must be accompanied by an adult parent or guardian. ACM reserves the right to reject participants without adequate parental supervision, and will refund the deposit within 24 hours.
3. Do I need to bring anything?
All equipment and ingredients will be provided. Bring yourself, your child, and your appetite!
4. Who is the instructor for this workshop?
The workshop is conducted by Ms Heryong Kwon, a locally-based Korean chef who trained at The Institute of Korean Royal Cuisine and the Institute of Korean Royal Dessert. She conducts Korean cooking classes and is a trainer with the People's Association. Visit her website here.
5. Why do we
have to put down a refundable deposit of $10/pax?
As the workshop spaces are highly limited, this is to ensure that the instructor and facilitators' times are fully utilized. The deposit will be refunded 24 hours after the event.
6. I have more
We'd be happy to answer them for you! Drop us an email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
1. A refundable deposit of $10/pax is collected upon registration on Peatix. This deposit will be refunded 24 hours after the event (standard Credit Card refund windows apply). In the event of no-show, the deposit will be forfeited.
2. Please be punctual for the registration. We reserve the right to open the spaces for walk-in participants to late comers.