MaGIC Academy: Expansion & Maturity
Startups are constantly striving to find ways on how to deal with the legal aspects of their business. There is no tip toeing around the law, more so when your business is expanding or has reached maturity. However, it can be a tad confusing especially when you aren’t from the legal field.
This workshop will zoom in on the fundamentals and background concerning fundraising strategies, exit strategies, legal issues and going regional. It has been carefully framed into three parts :
- Key points to focus in relation to various legal aspects of fundraising
- Various legal compliance and risk management issues faced during expansion
- Cross-border restriction to go regional
- Discovering various fundraising options for a startup to kickstart and grow their business.
- Legal instruments involved during equity and debt financing
- Designing the exit strategy
- Typical legal issues faced during expansion
- Cross-border restrictions to go regional
Attend this workshop if you’re keen to understand the legalities involved with the startup ecosystem and also fundraising strategies and exit strategies for startups.
Fareez Shah was enrolled, as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya on July 2013. He is also a registered Company Secretary with the Companies Commission Malaysia (CCM).
Since the inception of FSP, Fareez Shah has represented and advised various Social Enterprise with their legal issues and transactions namely (a) Saora Industries (Project HAUS), (b) Edspace Projects (100% Project), (c) BlueBear (d) Batik Boutique and Others.
He has advised and acted for clients on an extensive range of industrial relations, civil & criminal disputes, corporate & commercial transactions ranging from contractual disputes, regulatory and statutory compliance matters, directors' duties, equity-financing, debt-financing, joint-ventures, sale of business, shareholders' disputes and liquidation matters.
Prior to setting up his own legal practice, Fareez was a Legal Associate at one of the top law firms in Malaysia i.e. Messrs Zul Rafique & Partners where he was part of the Industrial Relations Practice Group that was awarded the Labour & Employment Law Firm of the Year 2014/2015 by Asian Legal Business.
During his tenure at Messrs Zul Rafique & Partners, he was heavily involved with advising his clients from various field on Labour Law in Malaysia on matters such as employment agreement, fixed term contract, dismissal, disciplinary action, retrenchment, mutual or voluntary separation exercise, employees position in sale of business as well as redeployment and restructuring of human resources. Further, he had also represented his clients in quasi-judicial tribunal i.e. the Industrial Court and Labour Court.
- Legal Compass for Social Enterprises
- Registration of Business in Malaysia: Private Limited Company
- Why Taking Too Much Investment Money is Bad for Founders?
- What Founders Need to Know About the Term Sheet?
08.30AM : Registration & Breakfast
09.00AM : Fundraising Options
10.00AM : Equity Fundraising : Legal Instruments
01.00PM : Prayer break & Lunch
02.00PM : Exit Strategy
03.00PM - 05.30PM : Activities & Problem Solving
08.30AM : Registration & Breakfast
09.00AM : Governance, Compliance & Proper Decision Making Process
11.00AM : Risk Management
01.00PM : Prayer break & lunch
02.00PM : Activities & Problem Solving
04.00PM - 5.30PM: Going Regional Cross-Border Restriction
- Bring along a laptop for optimal learning
- Dress smart but remain casual
[ Sat ] - [ Sun ]
8:30 AM - 5:30 PM MYT
Standard SOLD OUT RM50.00
- Venue Address
- Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre, Block 3730, Persiaran APEC, 63000 Cyberjaya, Malaysia. Malaysia