Paper Marbling Workshop
Discover the magic of marbled papers
Did you know that vintage books often had fascinating marbled book end papers in them? Have you ever wondered how they are made?
Learn the basics of paper marbling with Slik Studios as we introduce you to to this ancient art form. Traditionally known as Ebru Art, which translates as cloud art, it is known as one of the most beautiful art forms created. Paper marbling is a method of aqueous surface design where paints are floated on the surface of a viscous solution and then carefully transferred on paper or fabric.
"..paper marbling has its fame with medical therapy where the peace and tranquility reflected from the art gives the viewer a sense of peace and calmness or in other words, it "nourishes" the soul."
This is an introductory workshop and is for teenages and adults only. Do bring an apron if you have.
- All marbling materials and tools will be provided
- All marbled papers done will be mailed to you after the workshop.
- Brief introduction of paper marbling
- Tools and materials used in paper marbling
- Basic patterns in florentine paper marbling (Stone, Gelgit, Non-pareil, Spanish Wave)
- Hands-on activity with your own marbling station where you will create your own marbled paper art
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM SGT
- Goodman Arts Centre, Blk B, #03-19, S439053
Admission for 2 Paper Marblers SOLD OUT $100.00
- Venue Address
- Goodman Arts Centre, Blk B, #03-19, S439053 Singapore
7min walk from Mountbatten MRT
Slik Studios65 Followers