Introduction to Google Analytics
About This Class
Google Analytics is an incredibly robust, free tool for measuring web traffic data. In this class, you’ll get to know the basics of using Google Analytics to track and evaluate performance and draw insights to improve your business. Starting with basic terminology and key metrics, you’ll build a foundation of knowledge before diving deeper into more complex analytics techniques, including advertising tracking and custom segments. You’ll walk away with a fundamental understanding of Google Analytics’ role in running and operating your business.
- Learn the basic setup, navigation, and interface of Google Analytics
- Get acquainted with basic terminology and mathematical formulas to understand key metrics
- Be able to identify the metrics that matter for your specific business case and how to use them to make educated decisions
- Create custom segments, goals, URLs, and dashboards
- Create automated alerts and scheduled reports
- Learn to identify exceptions and surface actionable insights
- Export data for further analysis in Excel
- Design useful charts for sharing with colleagues or clients
Prereqs & Preparation
It would be useful to have a basic understanding of Excel, but we will cover it in class as well. Laptops are welcomed but not necessary.
About the Instructor
Steven Gibert; Founder and CEO; Glowin Management Limited
Steven is a new media and technology aficionado. He was born in Paris, France and studied there digital project management with focus on Web and Design. After graduating, he decided to move to Germany to follow his passion for marketing and advertising. He worked for agencies (Havas Group) and corporate companies (Toshiba, Vodafone) before taking the next steps and moving to Hong Kong to set up his own business in digital marketing.
(This event is organized by General Assembly
Spotted an error in this listing? Click on “Contact” at the right side of the page to let us know)