The Ties that Bind
Visit two historical places of worship – Hong San See on Mohammed Sultan Road and Sri Thendayuthapani Temple on Tank Road – and gain a deeper understanding of how they instilled a sense of belonging amongst the early immigrants of Singapore. Learn more about the communities – the Hokkiens and the Chettiars – that built these houses of worship, how these monuments met both spiritual and social needs of the communities, and how they have also functioned as “community centres” over the years.
Note: Participants will be required to climb steps at Hong San See.
Monuments covered: Hong San See and Sri Thendayuthapani Temple
Starting point: Foot of Hong San See (29 Mohamed Sultan Rd; carpark)
Ending point: Sri Thendayuthapani Temple
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.