Intro to Python
About This Workshop
Python is a versatile and widely-used programming language with many applications. This workshop explores Python's place in the scientific ecosystem, and how the language, with several readily-available open-source libraries, can serve as a powerful tool for data analysis. Designed as a stand-alone introduction to the data science aspects of Python, this class is also a recommended refresher for students planning to enroll in General Assembly's upcoming Data Science course. The course is hands-on and exercise based, so students will get plenty of practice.
- Ability to write and run Python scripts
- Ability to use Python for basic data analysis tasks (data cleaning and reformatting, exploration, analysis)
- Understanding of Python’s role as a tool in the backend and analysis toolkits
- Understanding of the possibilities opened up through a better understanding of Python
Prereqs & Preparation
- General technical savvy, and comfort with computers
- Some prior experience with use of computers for analysis or repetitive tasks – such as Excel
- Installation of Anaconda for Python 2.7, which is a free distribution of python that includes libraries of open source python tools (http://continuum.io/downloads).
About the Organizer:
General Assembly transforms thinkers into creators through education and opportunities in technology, business, and design.
(Spotted an error in this listing? Click on “Contact” at the right side of the page to let us know)