Cultural Heritage Thru My Lens
Discover the truth about Chinatown’s heritage and its connection in nurturing Singapore’s multi-racial harmony. Beyond a humble tourist attraction, Chinatown has more to offer than what meets the eye.
Photos taken from: Once in a Lifetime Journey & RememberSingapore.
"Cultural Heritage through my Lens" is a heritage trail where you will get to explore valuable local sites and learn about their rich heritage to Singapore. using the convenient medium of mobile photography. Explore the multi-cultural society in Chinatown, we will take a leisurely excursion along the minimally ornamented shophouses through what was once a machinery parts shop and a Traditional Chinese Medication hall. The age-old buildings' facade has an engraving of the year it was built and some were carefully restored.
Recommended minimum age: 13 years old
- Appreciating Singapore’s Heritage
- Exploring the multi-cultures through photography
- Making new friends
Photos taken from: Visit Singapore, Smart Local
Meeting Place & Time: Chinatown MRT Station @ 2.00 pm.
- Heritage walk will be conducted in compliance with the Safety Measures published by the Singapore Tourism Board
- Pax size is limited to a maximum of 20.
- Participants need to wear masks at all times.
- Participants’ temperature will be measured at the start of the programme.
- All to perform safe entry check-in before the programme.
This programme is an outdoor programme. It may have to be shortened, delayed or cancelled for safety reasons in case of inclement weather.
*No food will be provided.
*Please have your meal before attending the programme.
A resource kit containing details on the meeting point, attire, etc. will be emailed to you a day or two before the event. For enquiry, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org