Knowledge is Power
Knowledge opens doors.
Enter the gates of some of Singapore’s oldest educational institutions – two schools, a museum and a library.
Knowledge builds power.
Learn the motivations behind the individuals and communities who stepped up and pooled together resources for the sake of educating our young.
Knowledge can be yours.
Visit the historic buildings that formed Singapore’s “education hub” and which are part of the bustling Arts and Heritage scene today!
What doors will you open?
Monuments covered: Former Tao Nan School (now The Peranakan Museum), National Museum of Singapore, Former Convent of Holy Infant Jesus Chapel (now CHIJMES Hall) and Caldwell House
Starting point: Entrance of the Peranakan Museum (39 Armenian St)
Ending point: CHIJMES
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.