New: Wounded Healer Support Group
“The doctor is effective only when he himself is affected. Only the wounded physician heals the pains and burdens one bears and eventually overcomes is the source of great wisdom and healing power for others.” - Carl Gustav Jung
Are you a coach, alternative healing practitioner, or group process leader?
Do you feel alone and overwhelmed in your practice?
Have you heard of the term “Wounded Healer”, and identify as one?
This group is for people who are an existing helping professional and wished for a long time that there was a support group for people who considered them sensitive, empathetic and wounded healers like yourself.
Who is a Wounded Healer?
Wounded healer is a term created by psychologist Carl Jung. Many articles and books have been written about “The Wounded Healer.” It is the person who has gone through suffering, sometimes great, and as a result of that process has become a source of great wisdom, healing power and inspiration for others. When the archetypal wounded healer undergoes a transformation as a result of their wound, their suffering and pain, they can actually transcend it, and successfully lead themselves to a path of service. It is as if the wound itself helps you drive yourself to an inner journey that becomes the transformation itself. One strips away the selfish, ego-based feeling of being all alone in our wound and expands to see others and how if one chooses a different role, one can help.
What this group is about:
- Owning all of who you are by developing greater self-awareness, self-love and self-healing
- Learning from others. The premise of this is: There is no coincidence. What others present is also for your own evolution.
- Living and supporting as inter-connected healers – we are never alone.
- Developing a bigger vision. Your ability to help change the world depends on your vision so hold your biggest one.
This group is not for you if you are here to:
- Gather ammunition for religion or political purposes
- Play victim in any way
- Bitch about your work, life, or clients
- Receive coaching or therapy
- Find a new job (You should already love what you do!)
What we will do each session:
- Bring one or two current challenges for discussion
- Love and support you unconditionally - always give you the benefit of doubt
- Hold you accountable for your words and actions
- Uphold privacy and confidentiality
Date: Every two weeks on a Thursdays. (Thurs 23 June, 7 July, 21 July, 4 Aug, 18 Aug, 1 Sept)
Time: 2 - 4p.m.
Venue: My office
Size: Limited to 6
Investment: S$60 per session x 6 = S$360
Upon registration, do drop us a separate email at firstname.lastname@example.org as we would like to get an attendee profile.
Please note that no refunds will be issued if you have paid and cannot make it for any session. Replacement allowed only at the first session. Do check out our media policy as well.
About the Facilitator
Martha Tara Lee is Founder and Clinical Sexologist of Eros Coaching.
She is a certified sexologist with ACS (American College of
Sexologists), as well as a certified sexuality educator with AASECT
(American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and
Therapists). Martha holds a Doctorate in Human Sexuality as well as
Certificates in Sex Therapy, Practical Counselling and Life Coaching.
She was recognised as one of ‘Top 50 Inspiring Women under 40′ by Her
World Singapore in July 2010 and ‘Top 100 Inspiring Women by CozyCot
Singapore in March 2011. More here.