Basic Photography Workshop
It is easy to pick up a camera and start shooting. But if you want to get serious to achieve the images you want, you need learn the technical aspects of photography. In this Basic Photography Workshop, we will help you understand exposure, as well as the effects of aperture and shutter speed settings. You will also learn to select the settings on your camera, as well as tips on selecting lenses and how to hold your camera steady.
To get the most out of this workshop, you should bring your camera with the ability to set aperture and shutter speed, such as a Digital SLR, Micro Four-Thirds camera or advanced compact digital camera. After the theory session, we will have a hands-on session where our instructors will help you put to practice what you have learnt!
Basics of exposure
- Understanding effects of shutter speed
- Visualizing the effects of aperture
- Using ISO speed for different lighting conditions
Understanding your camera
- Which shooting mode should I use?
- Selecting the right focus spots
- Autofocus settings for sharper photos
- Motor drive modes for the right scenario
Getting better pictures
- Understanding lenses and focal lengths
- Techniques for sharper hand-held shots
- Composition for more attractive photos
- Guided hands-on practice session
Learn to take better pictures today – register now!
For any queries, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The event description was updated. Diff#177044 2016-07-03 09:29:17
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM SGT
- NUS Shaw Foundation Alumni House
Basic Photography Workshop (NUS Alumni & Students) SOLD OUT $12.00 Basic Photography Workshop (Public) SOLD OUT $24.00
- Venue Address
- 11 Kent Ridge Dr, 119244 Singapore
For Drivers: Park at the carpark opposite the Alumni House and cross the road. For non drivers: Take NUS Shuttle Bus A1 from Kent Ridge MRT and stop at BIZ 2. Then walk up to the Alumni House which is beside the Mochtar Riady Building