Event is FINISHED
PyCon MY 2016 Hands-on Workshop
You are welcome to purchase separate tickets for a hands-on workshop on 26th August 2016 prior to the PyCon MY 2016 conference. The workshop ticket does not include a ticket to the conference. If you want to participate in the conference too, you'll have to purchase a separate conference ticket for that.
The workshop details are as follows. Please read through them, and understand that there are pre-requisites which you'll need to have in order to fully benefit from the workshop:
1 Building with Python
Friday August 26, 2016 10AM to 5PM (lunch break from 12PM to 2PM)
Workshop Title: Building with Python
1.1 About the workshop
You already have some experience with at least one other language and
now would like to learn how to code in Python and how to build your
future applications with it.
Getting involved in the Python community is a great way to quickly
learn and hone your Python skills. This one-day workshop will provide
you a broad flavour of the language as well as to build a strong
foundation for you to step into the diverse application domains of
Python on your own.
First we gain some understanding of the language by playing with some
code snippets. Then we introduce a simple text-based game which
covers importing modules, random numbers, loops, data type conversion,
input from user and other topics. We will also discuss what libraries
are available to build your Python applications.
- You should already know how the basics of programming in at least
one other programming language.
- A laptop (Windows,Mac, or Linux)
- Python 3 preinstalled (from https://www.python.org/downloads/).
- A programmer's editor you are comfortable with.
1.3 Learning outcomes
- Learn how to install and set up Python and third party libraries
- Write basic Python programs and understand code that is written by
- Establish a strong foundation for you to further develop your
coding skills on their own.
- Learn what tools are available for use for your Python projects
Boey Pak Cheong has more than 20 years experience using Python and has
been teaching it since 2006. His clients include Intel, F-Secure,
CSGI, Experian, MIMOS, Censof and many others.
He founded Pytech Resources which specializes in Python and Django
training and consultancy and software development. Boey graduated from
Universiti Malaya with a degree in Chemical Engineering but became
keenly interested and actively involved in computer programming from
the late 1980s. He has worked in technical and management positions
with British Petroleum, ITT and Alcatel and also attended a senior
management training program at the London Business School, UK.
He created the software for a leading e-commerce website using Python
that dynamically generates comprehensive pdf reports and continues
active development of new products for this website. But today Boey is
primarily focused on teaching Python and Django and providing
consultancy services thereof.
Add to Calendar
Fri Aug 26, 2016
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM MYT
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM MYT
- International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW) City Campus, Jalan Tun Ismail 50480 Kuala Lumpur
One Day Workshop (26th Aug) SOLD OUT RM150.00
- Venue Address
- International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW) City Campus, Jalan Tun Ismail 50480 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
PyCon MY809 Followers
Want to find more groups and events like this?