Stained Glass Stories
Discover the origins and stories of magnificent stained glass found in Singapore’s churches and how they contribute to the emotional and visual power of neo-Gothic architecture.
Monuments covered: Church of St. Joseph, Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, Former Convent of Holy Infant Jesus Chapel (today CHIJMES Hall)
Note: Access to CHIJMES Hall is subject to availability.
Starting point: Main entrance to Church of St. Joseph (143 Victoria Street)
Ending point: CHIJMES Hall
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
This tour is organised in conjunction with the Christianity in Asia: Sacred Arts and Visual Splendour exhibition. The Asian Civilisations Museum is pleased to offer tour participants discounted rates to its galleries:
Singaporeans and Permanent Residents
- $7 admission for adults to Christianity in Asia (regular $9)
- Admission to Permanent Galleries is free for all Singaporeans and PRs.
- $13 combined pass for adults (regular $15)
- $8 combined pass for senior citizens and students (regular $10)
- Combined pass allows entry into the Permanent Galleries and Christianity in Asia exhibition.
Present your Peatix ticket from the tour at the Asian Civilisations Museum Front Desk to enjoy the discounted rates.* Valid from 27 May to 11 September 2016.
*Limited to one person per Peatix ticket.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.