MaGIC Academy: Essentials - Intellectual Property (IP) and Coffee
Is your creativity and invention well-protected? Have you considered a patent, trademark or perhaps a copyright? The Intellectual Property (IP) system was designed to strike a balance between the interests of innovators (like you!) and the public interest, providing an environment in which creativity and invention can flourish, for the benefit of all. Join this brief workshop to uncover IP basics and its value to entrepreneurs, as well as speak to expert IP practitioners.
- Basic understanding on what constitutes IP, types of IP
- Learning why and when startups need IP protection
- Identifying protection issues and risks to look at while developing new products or brands
- Startups and entrepreneurs with unique product/services
- Startups and entrepreneurs who are keen on maximizing the value of IP for their products/services
- Entrepreneurs who see the word "Intellectual Property" and have no clue what this is!
Lawrence Tan is a Registered Patent and Trade Mark Agent. Prior to establishing IP Gennesis Sdn. Bhd. in 2013, he was a lawyer practising exclusively in IP in one of the largest firms in Malaysia. Since his establishment IP Gennesis until today, Lawrence has successfully assisted his clients in protecting their IP in more than 40 countries globally.
Esther Wee graduated from University of Reading, UK and has ever since the beginning of her law career been involved in the field of Intellectual Property. Now a Partner in ISW Legal IP, she has advised many startups and businesses on their IP portfolio management, protection and commercialisation strategy. She has also given talks at various startup events concerning IP and partners with MaGIC and the Asean Centre for Entrepreneurship to promote IP awareness amongst the startup community.
- Why Intellectual Property Protection Matters?
- ISW Intellectual Property
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO)
- Why You Want IP For Your Startup
2000: IP basics and relevance to startups
2030: Issues and risks, mistakes to avoid in protecting your IP
2045: Coffee and Q&A with experts
2115: Case study and group discussion
2145: Further Q&A with experts
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM MYT
- Coffee Planet, Quill City Mall
Standard SOLD OUT RM5.00 Last Minute Deals SOLD OUT RM5.00
- Venue Address
- Coffee Planet, 2-11, Level 2, Quill City Mall, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 55100 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia