Order Out of Chaos
Find out about some of the public institutions established by the British authorities to transform “Sin-galore” (a 1920s nickname for Singapore when murder and mayhem ruled the country) into a clean and orderly Singapore and to protect the people in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Monuments covered: Central Fire Station, Former Hill Street Police Station and Former Ministry of Labour Building (now Family Justice Courts)
Starting point: Funan DigitaLife Mall Taxi Stand (opposite Central Fire Station)
Ending point: Family Justice Courts
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.