The Hokkiens in Telok Ayer Street
Uncover the history and culture of the Hokkiens -- the largest and first dialect group that arrived in 19th century Singapore -- through a visit of places of worship, schools and associations along Telok Ayer Street that served the community. Gain an insight into prominent personalities that have left their imprints in these monuments!
Monuments covered: Thian Hock Keng and Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church
Starting point: Telok Ayer Green
Ending point: Telok Ayer Chinese Methodist Church
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.