SHF 2016: Building Tour of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery
This century-old temple complex at Toa Payoh is an architectural delight. Join a 45-minute tour to find out how distinct architectural styles seamlessly blend with each other in the monastery’s buildings, and uncover the meanings behind their elaborate decorations. At the same time, get to learn more about traditional Chinese architecture in Singapore!
Meeting point: Main gate of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery (184E Jalan Toa Payoh)
This tour is part of Singapore Heritage Festival 2016. For more information, please refer to heritagefest.sg.
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM SGT
- Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery
10am - 11am (Standard) SOLD OUT $5.00 10am - 11am (Student / Senior Citizen) SOLD OUT $3.00 2pm - 3pm (Standard) SOLD OUT $5.00 2pm - 3pm (Student / Senior Citizen) SOLD OUT $3.00
- Venue Address
- 184E Jalan Toa Payoh, Singapore 319941 Singapore
Monumental Walking Tours1,374 Followers