MWKA Lunch Talk: Negotiating Series-A Term Sheets in Malaysia & Singapore
One of the most significant events in a startup company’s life cycle is raising its first round of venture capital. Up to that point, most companies survive by owners “bootstrapping it” with help from angel investors. These earlier rounds of investments are relatively simplistic and don’t involve overly complex structures or intense negotiations with the investors. However, when the startup enters the venture world, all this changes dramatically: startups are now faced for the first time with a whole host of fairly new and complex topics.
- Considering an appropriate investment instrument for Series-A;
- Fixing the valuation and tranche payments;
- Ascertaining the degree of board and shareholder participation;
- Identifying management and information rights;
- Considering the dilution effects of Series-A;
- Considering the impact of Series-A on existing incentive schemes and future fundraising;
- Exit mechanisms and liquidation preference;
- Observations of legal issues in fundraising in Singapore; and
He advises on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, fintech and general corporate and commercial transactions. Jo Yan also has experience in joint ventures, corporate and regulatory compliance, personal data protection, anti-corruption, and commercial contracts.
His main areas of practice are private equity, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, technology and hospitality law.
He has advised and assisted variousSingapore and international clients in the 3D printing, analytics, e-commerce, education, electronics, financial, financial technology, food and beverage, manufacturing, medical, software, hotel management, private equity and research industries and sectors pertaining to the protection, management, commercialisation and enforcement of their intellectual property rights, and their M&A, joint ventures, equity fund-raising, research and development, regulatory compliance and commercial activities.
12:30 PM - 2:30 PM MYT
- The Co.
- Venue Address
- No. 8 Jalan Lengkok Abdullah, Bangsar, 59000 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
A 5 min walk from Bangsar LRT station and Menara UOA. Walk up Jalan Lengkok Abdullah. The Co. will be in a converted bungalow on the right after the tall apartment building.
MahWengKwai & Associates99 Followers