Battle for Singapore: Tour of Former Command House
Hidden on a hill, this stately building is an important part of Singapore’s military history. Discover the stories behind the building, and the people who lived there through the different stages of Singapore’s history. Explore the unique architecture of this “Arts and Crafts” building and more on this exclusive tour to the Former Command House!
Meeting Point: Main Entrance of Former Command House (17 Kheam Hock Road)
Each person can purchase a maximum of two tickets.
- Participants should arrive at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registrations will not be entertained.
- In the unlikely event when you cannot locate the tour group or guide by the starting time, please have your phone on standby for the tour guide to contact you for further instructions.
- The tour will start on time and participants who are late may not be able to get on the tour
- There is a maximum of 25 participants per tour, and participants will be registered on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you have successfully registered but are unable to attend, please cancel your registration to allow others to join the programme in your place. Absent registrants will be disqualified from participating in other BSG tours. As personal particulars will be checked on the day of the tour, all registered slots are non-transferrable.
- A minimum of 5 participants are required for each tour. Should the minimum number not be reached, participants will be notified via email and may be asked to join the next confirmed tour.
- By registering for this programme, tour participants (and participants under 16 years old under their care) understand and agree that they must be physically fit and able to do so.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions. "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- By registering for this programme, tour participants also agree to comply with instructions and directions given by NHB and all others acting in the capacity of event organisers/guides (collectively, the Organisers) relating to the designated areas for the programme and are aware that the buildings, structures and equipment within the designated areas may be old and in a deteriorated state, and could pose dangers to programme participants should they not observe and comply with the instructions and directions given by the event organisers/guides. Tour participants acknowledge that NHB and all others acting in the capacity of event organisers/guides (collectively, the Organisers) will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss (including loss of personal property), damage, injury or loss of life, which may be sustained by themselves (and participants under 16 years old under their care) arising from or in connection to the tour and waives any claims against the Organisers in this respect.
- All tours are subject to weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather (e.g. haze, thunderstorms etc.) or other unforeseen circumstances affecting the tour, NHB reserves the right to postpone/cancel the tour in the interests of safety of the participants. Participants will be informed via email in the event of such cancellation. The National Heritage Board shall not be held liable for any form of compensation whatsoever arising out of any cancellation of the tour(s), unless otherwise stated.
- Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.
- Title was changed to "Battle for Singapore: Tour of Former Command House". Orig#518709 2020-02-03 06:07:34
[ Sat ] - [ Sat ]
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM SGT
- Former Command House
1pm - 2pm, 8 Feb (Standard) SOLD OUT $5.00 1pm - 2pm, 8 Feb (Student / Senior Citizen) SOLD OUT $3.00 1pm - 2pm, 16 Feb (Standard) SOLD OUT $5.00 1pm - 2pm, 16 Feb (Student / Senior Citizen) SOLD OUT $3.00
- Venue Address
- 17 Kheam Hock Road, Singapore 298791 Singapore
Monumental Walking Tours2,069 Followers