Green Tea and Wagashi Delights in Tokyo
Thank you very much for your interest in this tour!
Guests can participate in a tea ceremony class at a tea master's home, followed by visits to Japanese specialty shops of green tea and wagashi (Japanese sweets). You will enjoy Matcha (ground green tea) and wagashi at the tea ceremony as well as a sampling of various green teas and wagashi at the shops.
Meet at Toritsu-Daigaku Station. Welcomed by interpreter (English).
Participants take a short car ride as they are guided to classroom.
- Enjoy the finest quality green tea and traditional Japanese sweets from famous confectioneries.
- Try out for yourself the unique and fun Japanese way of making green tea.
- Learn about tea utensils, hanging scrolls, and the etiquette of flower arrangements.
- Doien tea shop – Includes green tea sampling
Participants are taken to this shop specializing in green tea, a commodity now experiencing a worldwide boom due to the increasing interest in healthy living and Japanese food.
- Hachinoya traditional Japanese confectionery – Includes japanese sweets sampling
Participants are taken to this specialty Japanese confectionery, which creates beautiful traditional sweets carefully prepared by artisans with choice ingredients.
Interpreter escorts participants to station.
- Wagashi (Japanese sweets) from Hachinoya Confectionery.
- Photos taken during tea ceremony are provided later over the internet.
What you need to bring
- You will need to take your shoes off in the tea room so please wear socks or stocking.