The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-Week Program by EP
What is Mindfulness?
"Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; on purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally." (Kabat-Zinn,1994)
Mindfulness offers an inside-out approach to managing stress in today’s fast-paced life. It empowers you in letting go of distractions, worries and anxieties, while allowing you to attend to the moment as it unfolds.
The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program was developed in 1979 by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical School, for clients to manage their chronic symptoms. Mindfulness has since been brought into the contemporary and medical space. MBSR uses mindfulness practices to improve your state of physical and psychological health, and brings about more awareness to your daily living.
- The next MBSR run is scheduled as follows:
- Beginning June 30 and ending August 18, i.e. 30/6, 7/7, 14/7, 21/7, 28/7, 4/8, 11/8, 18/8/15.
- 7.00 - 9.30pm classes every Tuesday
- All-day silent retreat from 9.30am - 5.00pm on 7 Aug (Friday - a Public Holiday)
Our 8-Week MBSR program offers:
- Intensive training in mindfulness meditation (E.g. Body Scan, Sitting, Walking and Gentle Yoga)
- Informal Mindfulness Meditation Practices
- Daily home assignments, including a minimum of 45 mins of meditation.
- Individual/group dialogue and inquiry oriented around weekly home assignments
- Educational and interactive discussions on mindfulness
- Strongly supportive community
- A mindfulness course workbook
- A copy of Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life, by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
Key takeaways of MBSR:
- Effective and sustainable stress management
- Mastery of the ability to focus on the right things at the right time
- Increased self-belief
- Ability to bounce back from setbacks
- Increased Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Heightened sense of creativity and innovation
- Sharpened decision-making in the face of adversity, change and pressure
- More effective problem-solving skills
Who is MBSR for?
Corporate, sport, and life athletes, who are committed to improving their well-being, personal and professional performance.
Cost: $800 SGD
- Bring a friend and get a $50 discount each
- Discounts available for tertiary students, bulk orders, and individuals in need of financial assistance
- Eligible for PIC Credits for those who qualify
- Email us for more details at email@example.com
Lim Han Ee
Performance Psychologist / Mindfulness Instructor
Han Ee works with his clients to nurture both flow experiences and a championship mindset that enhance bottom-line results. He works with a myraid of clients including MNC leaders (Fortune 500), Red Bull athletes, royalty, national athletes and other high performers. Han Ee believes that peak performance and being in the flow is underpinned by mindfulness, an action-learning mindset and mental agility. As a qualified MBSR Instructor, Han Ee has trained under the direction of Jon Kabat-Zinn and the Center for Mindfulness.