Schools kill creativity: Free Talk For Parents - Creative Confidence For Children
Hello. We are Happiness Makers. We help to inspire children to cultivate and nurture their creative confidence.
We are a group of educator and design thinkers who are passionate about teaching Design Thinking to children. We welcome all parents with children ages 6 to 16 years old to come and enjoy speaker sessions and hands on workshops to involve their kids in this exciting topic.
What is Design Thinking? Design Thinking is basically a methodology that allows people to have confidence in their creative ability.
Why is it important? Our culture places a lot of emphasis on what’s on paper. We have been taught this in school from the start. Scoring well in exams matters more than understanding, questioning and creating. Often we become overly attached to ticking all the boxes instead of exploring, thinking and making sure there is integrity in what we do. There is more drill than discussion. Design Thinking is a step-by-step guide to unleashing your creativity, putting the people you serve at the centre of your design process to come up with new answers to difficult problems. Children collaborate, communicate, ideate, problem solve, become empathetic, and learn to persevere. These concepts are the foundation of education.
This meetup is a sharing session and there will be hands-on activities for both parents and children to mingle together. Bring your children along too! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
2. Strengthen the belief in their ability to generate creative ideas.
3. Use their imaginations to explore problems. They can go on tangents, exploring different
solutions to a given problem.
4. Discover opportunities that everyone cannot see.
5. Understand the importance of a collaborative, solution-oriented approach rather than an
individualistic, problem-oriented approach.
6. Reframe failure as iteration which enables them to be more creative and innovative.
7. Foster a culture that embraces questioning, inspires frequent reflection in action, celebrates creativity and creates visual sense.
- Title was changed to "Schools kill creativity: Free Talk For Parents - Creative Confidence For Children". Diff 2015-05-10 22:41:44