MaGIC Academy: Understanding Mobile Development - Strategy and Development
In today’s mobile world, there should be no question as to whether a startup should have a Mobile App (i.e. its own proactive mobile presence). Moreover, the mobile landscape is becoming ever more complicated and exponentially more confusing. In this workshop, we'll cover all the core aspects of what it takes to develop a successful mobile application.
The options of Native App vs web app vs Hybrid app will be examined with relation to what makes the most sense for you and your startup. We’ll look at different strategies for building a mobile app, starting with the basics.
- Understand the ecosystem of mobile app industry
- Learn how to create successful design for your app
- Know the development workflow
- Understand the technology options you can choose to develop your app
Pre - Requisite & Planning
- No knowledge of web apps or programming language is necessary.
- A 12-Step Guide to Building Your Very First Mobile App - Part 1
- A 12-Step Guide to Building Your Very First Mobile App - Part 2
- Android vs iOS
- Understanding your mobile application development options
- Microsoft Virtual Academy - Build A Cloud-Native App
- Microsoft Virtual Academy - Building Web Apps Jump Start
- Microsoft Virtual Academy - Building Blocks: IOS,Android, Windows
- 6.30pm - Registration and dinner is served.
- 7.45pm - Talk starts
- 9.30pm - Q&A
Kevin is an entrepreneur and developer with a blend of technical, enterprise, and early-stage startup experience. He has worked for and operated businesses in both Europe and North America, and has extensive experience in both regions. Since his undergraduate degree in Applied Computer Science his career has spanned the industrial spectrum, working with companies such as Microsoft, JP Morgan Chase, MTV Networks, Deloitte, and a number of startups. He also holds a masters degree in Technology Management from Columbia University in New York City.
Kevin currently runs Bluer Inc, a consultancy focused on mobile, web, and wearable development for clients that include The Economist Group, Horizon Media, General Assembly, Google, and a number of early stage ventures.
7:45 PM - 10:00 PM MYT
MaGIC Ticket FULL
- Venue Address
- Block 3730 Persiaran APEC, 63000 Cyberjaya, Malaysia Malaysia