MaGIC Academy : Advanced Analytics for Startups & Marketers
About the speaker:
John Lee is the Business Analytics lead for the Banking and Credit Cards verticals at NerdWallet, a leading personal finance startup in the US. Based in NerdWallet's San Francisco headquarters, he is responsible for everything numbers-related, from growth/revenue forecasting to conversion optimization and A/B testing for the Banking and Credit Cards verticals. Previously, he worked in several roles in the Mobile Banking and Credit Cards departments at Capital One, the 9th-largest bank in the US.
Whether your marketing and product budgets are measured in hundreds of ringgit or the hundreds of thousands, using data to prioritise and optimise your investments is a basic necessity. We'll discuss how you can set up A/B tests to understand where you should focus your scarce resources -- whether it's in the messaging of a marketing campaign or the design of your user interface. We'll see how you can leverage advanced SQL queries on an integrated data warehouse to keep a keen eye on the performance of your business, and identify areas to prioritize for your marketing campaigns or future product development. You'll also learn how to use customer lifetime value to inform marketing decisions, and how to enhance your marketing performance through sales funnel analysis.
- 6.00pm - Registration and light dinner is served.
- 6.30pm - Talk starts
- 7.30pm - Break
- 7.45pm - Talk resumes
1. How to use data to monitor the health and performance of your business
2. How to obtain actionable marketing/product & design insights from data
3. What are the analytical tools of the trade (SQL, Excel, data warehousing, etc.) and when to use each of the
- The event description was updated. Diff 2015-04-18 05:38:07
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM MYT
- Venue Address
- Block 3730, Persiaran APEC, 63000, Cyberjaya, Malaysia Malaysia