Metaphors Be With You
Metaphors Be With You (MBWY) is a curated spoken personal essay presentation held at least once a month at Haque Centre of Acting & Creativity (HCAC). They are open to anyone who submits a story that meets the MBWY Guidelines. It is free to participate.
How to Tell a Story at Metaphors Be With You:
1. Consult our event calendar to find our published theme.
2. Craft your story according to the guidelines provided.
3. Submit it by the deadline that corresponds to the show.
4. If selected, you will be contacted on how to arrange for a quick one on one session with the producer(s).
Metaphors Be With You Guidelines:
1. We like stories that are true and personal showing how an experience changed and informed you. What did you discover about yourself or your world and the people in it?
2. Every month we will pick a theme that you must use to craft your story. You can interpret the theme however you want but there must be a clear application and understanding of the theme in your story.
3. Your stories should be not more than 1300 words or 6 minutes in length. Submit your stories, in font size 12, double-spaced, Times New Roman, they may be edited and vetted.
4. All stories must be submitted no later than 4 weeks before the date of the performance. E.g. if the next show is Saturday, April 11th 2015, your stories are due on March 21st 2015. Please submit all stories c/o Kris at email@example.com with your subject title “Metaphors Be With You.”
5. From the list of submitted spoken personal essays, only 7 stories will be chosen. The final list of 7 storytellers will be published on the Method Metropolis Facebook page. The organizers reserve all rights to determine which of the 7 stories are selected.
6. Submitting a story means that participants have to commit to:
(a) A one-on-one session (approx. 20-30mins) no less than 48 hours before the show. Individual dates for the session would be confirmed upon admission. Storytellers are expected to work with the producing team to shape and structure their stories.
(b) A pre-show run on the day of the show (about 1.5 hours before the box office opens)
(c) The show itself
7. For those who are invited to
participate, a final copy of the story must be submitted at least one week
before the show.
8. Storytellers are encouraged to read off the page; neither memorization nor props are necessary.
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
- Haque Centre of Acting and Creativity
- Venue Address
- 22 Dickson Road Singapore