Meet The Angels
JOIN US FOR THE THIRD MEET THE ANGELS EVENT ON THE 26TH MARCH 7:00PM AT THE HUB.
Join Meng from JFDI as he:
- Shares a brief introduction to the mechanics of an angel/seed investment round through real-life examples.
- Introduces the major decisions that need to be made: type of instrument, economic provisions, conversion mechanics.
- Shows you where to learn more – for instance from Brad Feld's termsheet series and Venture Deals book or the Wilmerding book.
- Gives a review of a sample set of term sheets and early stage investment agreements used by JFDI and by angeland seed investors.
- Demonstrate how web apps like Reportally.com, Captable.io, andLegalese.io help to automate the process of document generation, and how participants can install and run these apps directly.
Meng is deeply engaged with the startup ecosystem as an angel investor, a board member of the Business AngelNetwork of South-East Asia, and most recently as founder of JFDI.Asia, Singapore’s first seed accelerator.
The co-founder of Hackerspace.SG, he also volunteers as a mentor with the Founder Institute and an Entrepreneur in Residence at the INSEAD Business School. At JFDI.Asia he mentors startups from idea to investment-readiness in 100 days, and continues to coach founders on leadership and management until they reach Series A funding.
Speaker: Michael Cho
Michael Cho left his investment career and became an entrepreneur after a near-death experience in a plane crash. He is now the founder of OHOH, a mobile-first social network for small-group learning. OHOH recently raised a seed round using a modified version of SAFE open-sourced by YCombinator.
At the end of this evening you will walk away with:
- An understanding of what a cap table is and why it's important.
- A brief overview of the different financing mechanisms available to early stage startups.
- Access to the Legalese Beta.
- The ability to generate all the paperwork needed to complete an angel financing.
Date: 26th March 2015
Time: 6:30pm - 9:00pm
Venue: The Hub Singapore
Includes a drink, exclusive knowledge and valuable connections!
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM SGT
- The Hub Singapore Ground Floor
Get Investment Ready SOLD OUT $15.00
- Venue Address
- The Hub Singapore, National Youth Council Academy, 113 Somerset Road, Singapore 238165 Singapore
The Hub Singapore1,802 Followers