MaGIC Academy: Learn Swift Programming (Mobile Development)
Apple have come up to a new programming language for iOS and OS X based apps that builds on the best of C and Objective-C, without the constraints of C compatibility. This language adopts safe programming patterns and adds modern features to make programming easier, more fun and more flexible. It's a new programming language for Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks.
Development of Swift started by Chris Lattner in collaboration with other programmers in 2010 and was announced by Apple in 2014. The language was designed with two goals in mind, to be swift to code and execute. Swift syntax was designed to be clean and easy to read. This is to make it friendly for new programmers, and as a result it is incredibly easy to learn.
This introductory bootcamp is suitable for aspiring mobile entrepreneurs who have ideas which they want to be developed.
- Understanding of the basic iOS development ecosystem.
- Ability to create simple iOS applications using Swift on your Mac.
Pre - Requisite & Planning
- Access to a Mac computer running OS X 10.9 or later.
- No prior programming experience is required but students should have basic understanding of programming concepts.
- XCode 6 should be installed. Download XCode 6 here.
- You can start learning swift on your own first by going to this link given. Learn Swift
- Overview of Swift
- Inside Swift: Apple's New Programming Language for iOS developers
- Learning Swift vs. Objective-C
- Why you should learn Swift
- 9.15am - Registration begins
- 9.45am - Class starts
- 1.00pm - Lunch break (lunch is provided)
- 2.00pm - Class resumes
- 5.00pm - Class ends
About the Speaker :
Kevin is an entrepreneur and developer with a blend of technical, enterprise, and early-stage startup experience. He has worked for and operated businesses in both Europe and North America, and has extensive experience in both regions. Since his undergraduate degree in Applied Computer Science his career has spanned the industrial spectrum, working with companies such as Microsoft, JP Morgan Chase, MTV Networks, Deloitte, and a number of startups. He also holds a masters degree in Technology Management from Columbia University in New York City.
Kevin currently runs Bluer Inc, a consultancy focused on mobile, web, and wearable development for clients that include The Economist Group, Horizon Media, General Assembly, Google, and a number of early stage ventures.
- The event description was updated. Diff 2015-04-18 14:27:53
[ Sat ] - [ Sun ]
9:45 AM - 5:00 PM MYT
MaGIC Premium Ticket SOLD OUT RM50.00
- Venue Address
- Block 3730, Persiaran Apec, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor Malaysia