Event is FINISHED
1st ASEAN Malaysia Young Entrepreneurs Forum 2015
You are cordially invited to the 1st ASEAN Malaysia Young Entrepreneurs Forum 2015 MATRADE.
The ASEAN region has firmly established itself as one of the most attractive emerging economic blocs in the world, with the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) Blueprint outlining the aspirations of the region to be a single market and production base with equitable economic development fully integrated into the global economy. To commemorate Malaysia’s Chairmanship of ASEAN in the milestone year of 2015, The ASEAN Business Advisory Council Malaysia will be organising the 1st ASEAN Malaysia Young Entrepreneurs Forum on the 8th of January 2015.
The young population plays an integral role in the growth and strengthening of human capital and economic development in ASEAN. Despite a sizeable population of 620million, the regional median age is only 27 years old, with close to 60% or 370million people below the age of 40 years with a rapidly growing literacy rate. As the regional economy continues to integrate, entrepreneurship and innovation are also key elements to capitalise on growing business opportunities from the burgeoning market. Regional awareness and access to market is crucial to boost intra-ASEAN trade, which currently stands at only 24% of total trade.
In efforts to enhance intra-ASEAN market connectivity, the AEC-centred Forum shall also witness the launch of the Malaysian Association of ASEAN Young Entrepreneurs Association, which shall function to activate and connect Malaysian young entrepreneurs with other ASEAN young entrepreneurs more effectively through official and regulated channels and to promote business skills, services and innovation. Such connectivity will contribute significantly to the strengthening of the MSME sector, the primary economic driver for the AEC.
- Y.B Dato’ Sri Mustapa Mohamed @ Minister of MITI
- Roshan Thiran @ Leaderonomics
- Chris Leong @ Softspace
- Bryan Ong @ Textbookasia
- 9:30am – Registration
- 9:50am – Welcoming Speech by Rajasekaran Teagarajan (Representative ASEAN Young Entrepreneurs, ASEAN-BAC Malaysia)
- 10:00am – Malaysia’s Chairmanship of ASEAN: Priorities under ASEAN Economic Community Pillar 2015 by Datuk Dr. Rebecca Fatima Sta Maria (Secretary General of Ministry of International Trade & Industry)
- 10:20am – Private Sector Expectations of AEC by Tan Sri Munir Majid (Chairman ASEAN Business Advisory Council)
- 10:45am - 11:45am – Panel Discussion (Moderator: Tuan Syed Nabil Aljeffri @ Secretary General ASEAN Business Advisory Council, Speakers: Roshan Thiran @ Leaderonomics, Chris Leong @ Softspace, Bryan Ong @ Textbookasia)
- Topic 1: Business Opportunities and Trends in AEC
- Topic 2: Young Entrepreneurs in the AEC
- 11:45am - 12:30pm – Dialogue with Y.B Dato’ Sri Mustapa Mohamed (Minister of Ministry of International Trade & Industry)
- 12:30pm - Launch of the Malaysian Association of ASEAN Young
- Entrepreneurs by Y.B Dato’ Sri Mustapa Mohamed (Minister of Ministry of International Trade & Industry)
- 12:40pm - 2:00pm - Lunch & Networking
Add to Calendar
Thu Jan 8, 2015
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM MYT
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM MYT
Get Lucky Standard
- Venue Address
- Matrade, Jalan Khidmat Usaha, off Jalan Duta, 50480 Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia
Want to find more groups and events like this?