Tofu Piano with Arduino
Pre-requisitesNo prior experience necessary. We'll guide you along as you put together the code and circuit. Suitable for anyone aged 8 to 18. We offer differentiated tracks so more advanced participants don't get bored and newbies don't get lost.
Here's what you get
- 2 hours of fun!
- Tofu (actually tau kwa, but "tofu" sounds nicer)
- Passive buzzer
What to bring
- Laptop, preferably with the following free software installed:
- Arduino IDE (Windows, Mac)
- [OPTIONAL] Our custom version of Scratch for Arduino (S4A), if you'd like a gentler introduction to programming. (Windows, Mac)
- Arduino or compatible, with USB cable
If you don't already have your own Arduino and breadboard, you can purchase them from us together with your ticket. We don't carry the official Arduino, but prefer the Freaduino UNO which has additional features that make it more useful for beginners and hobbyists. The breadboard we carry is a transparent full-sized breadboard that not only looks good, but also helps beginners see what's going on inside
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM SGT
- IDA Labs@NDC Level 3
Standard (no Arduino) SOLD OUT $25.00 w/ Freaduino & Breadboard SOLD OUT $62.00
- Venue Address
- 111 Middle Road, Singapore 188969 Singapore
IDA Labs@NDC is in the National Design Centre, across the road from the National Library Building. After you enter, work your way to the "Kapok" store at the back of the building and take the elevator behind the store to find us on level 3.