Experience the beating of Japanese Drums...Wadaiko
This event is organised by Tammy on trippiece.
en.trippiece.com is a free web service for travelers looking for likeminded people for their next trip in Japan. We know you are dying to uncover all the local secrets so we have handpicked a series of unique, only-in-Japan experiences for you! Whether you have been living in Japan for 10 years, or are only in town for 10 days, we welcome you to come discover Japan with us and other fellow travelers!
★What’s this event about?
You know about Kimono and tea ceremony.. but what about Wadaiko? Wadaiko refers to traditional Japanese drums. It is often performed in an ensemble, with the martial-arts-like drumming postures and movement. Perhaps you have seen some Wadaiko performances at festivals? They are full of vigour, strength and energy, often creating a powerful and dramatic atmosphere for the audience!
In this one-hour workshop, you will learn the basics of Wadaiko:
- Basic drumming techniques
- Rhythmics of Wadaiko
- Drumming postures and movements
Don't worry if you have no music background, this class is for anyone who wants to try their hands at Wadaiko and experience a different kind of Japanese culture! We will be in a private group of 10 people and the workshop will be held in English. Come join us for this drumming session!
Website of Taiko School: (Jp only)
★Meeting time: 4:30pm, 16 Nov Sun
★Meeting place: Gaienmae Stn Exit 1
★Registration: Please fill in this registration form and purchase your ticket by 24 Oct, Friday.
★Things to note: Please note that this event needs a min. of 6 pax to begin! Invite your friends too!
★Cancellation: In the event of cancellation, please note that the fees are non-refundable. However, you may transfer it to another person. Please inform the organizer at least 2 hours before the event of any cancellations / changes. Thank you
1) Contact the organiser directly at the trip page.
2) Email your queries to Shu at firstname.lastname@example.org
☆What our previous participants have said about trippiece events
“Great day hiking and seeing Mashiko with great company. Worth the early Saturday wake up.” - Mairead, participant on Mashiko Sunflower Festival trip in Aug 2014
“A fantastic break from the city. Quite a wonderful experience: full of culture, history, good shopping, delicious lunch, and interesting people.” - Brent Hanson, participant on Mashiko Sunflower Festival trip in Aug 2014
“Special thanks to Shu san . We had a good time, thank you everybody.” - Shan, participant on Okutama Hiking in Aug 2014
“It was my first time joining any spiritual experience like Zazen but I felt welcome by the people at Risenji. Thanks Shu n Keisuke for the activity!” - Norah Hoang, participant for Zen Meditation experience in Jul 2014
“Great food, great company! Thanks for organising Shu :-)” - Ranj, participant for Misaki Tuna Auction day-trip in Jul 2014
1) trippiece is an online platform for travellers to plan and make trips with other likeminded travellers. All trips are planned by users on a voluntary basis. As this is a shared-cost trip, please refrain from cancellation as it may cause inconveniences to the volunteer planners and other participants.
2) The participant understands that during the course of the trip unforeseen situations may occur, including, but not limited to, accident, illness, political instability and the forces of nature. The participant agrees to assume all risks associated with the journey. By joining the activities, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions contained in this disclaimer, and agreed to exonerate trippiece, the volunteer planners and any other participants in the trips from any liabilities, claims, including but not limited to liabilities and claims as a result of any injuries or deaths or damages arising thereof.
3) If the participant does not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date and time, the planner has the right to not wait for the participant. There is no refund of any money paid.
4) By joining you have hereby agreed & accepted the above terms and conditions.
- Title was changed to "Experience the beating of Japanese Drums...Wadaiko". Diff 2014-10-27 03:54:32