[11-12 Oct] Autumn rice harvest weekend in Hakuba, Nagano
This trip is organised by trippiece. Please see here for more details.
If you like countryside, let's visit in Hakuba! Hakuba is the most beautiful village amidst the mountains and rice paddies. In October, temperatures are cool and pleasant for hiking and mountain biking in the day, yet warm enough to sit out in the evenings to enjoy the fresh mountain air. Check this website for more about Hakuba.
On the first day, we will get to experience rice-harvesting. Rice is a big part of the Japanese culture and is often deemed as tremendous effort. Over the years, Japanese farmers have put in great effort to cultivate the Japanese Rice. The rice is planted in spring and harvested in autumn. This weekend will be the last chance for us to harvest the rice. A special arrangement has been made with the local farms for us to experience rice-harvesting in the fields!
In addition to being out in the fields, you can also enjoy other activities such as cooking with seasonal food, canoeing or even mountain biking. We will also enjoy "Salt Road Trekking", passing by the villages and three museums, all the while taking in the beautiful autumn colours in the mountains.
11 Oct (Sat)
- 08:00 Azusa No.5 8:00 – 12:41 From Shinjuku to Hakuba
- 12:41 Arrive at Hakuba Stn
- 13:00 Check-in, rest, lunch
- 15:00 Afternoon: Rice Harvesting
- 16:30 Free activity
- Evening: Dinner / local lamb BBQ (Genghis Khan BBQ) & Onsen (http://www.hakubavalley.jp/hotsprings/)
12 Oct (Sun)
- Morning: Salt Road Trekking (2-3hrs) (http://www.valley.ne.jp/~otarivil/sio/chikuni.html)
- Lunch @ Yukiwari-sou, an old traditional house/restaurant (http://lapday.exblog.jp/21986904)
- 14:15 - 14:38 Azusa No.26 from Minami-otari station or Hakuba station
- 18:36 Arrive at Shinjuku
**Fees:- Accommodation + Tour: 9,800yen (Incl accommodation, rice-harvesting activity, salt-road trekking & train reservation deposit)
- Train fare: 16,600yen (incl deposit of 440yen)
Total: 26,400 yen (excl meals & onsen)
**Payment:- Accommodation + Tour (9,800yen) --> Please buy ticket using this site
- Train fare (16,160yen) --> Please pay cash on arrival.
**Cancellation:- Please note that 440 JPY of train reservation fees is non-refundable in case of cancellation by participants.
- Cancellation 5 days before event (10/6): 100% of "Room + Tour" fees chargeable (i.e. 9,800JPY)
- Cancellation 2 days before event (10/9): 100% of total fees chargeable (i.e. 9,800 + 16,600JPY)
- This trip needs a min of 5 pax to begin. We will decide by 10/6 (Mon) if the trip is confirmed. If the trip is cancelled by trippiece due to less than 5 participants, 100% will be refunded to participants.
- If the rice-harvesting activity is cancelled due to bad weather, 1,000JPY will be refunded.
We will stay at http://www.koharuresorthotel.com/. The rooms are all 2*single beds + sofa bed. We will go on a room-sharing basis unless someone objects strongly to this. Here is a picture of the rooms we'll be using:
**If you'd like to extend your stay, please let us know! We know it's hard to leave Hakuba... Hakuba is also a great place for outdoor activities like Canoeing / Mountain biking. Here are some websites for your reference:
Mountain biking - http://www.evergreen-hakuba.com/tours/bike.html
**Contact:1) Contact the organiser directly at the trip page.
2) Email your queries to Shu at firstname.lastname@example.org
en.trippiece.com is a free web service for travelers looking for likeminded people for their next trip in Japan. We know you are dying to uncover all the local secrets so we have handpicked a series of unique, only-in-Japan experiences for you! Whether you have been living in Japan for 10 years, or are only in town for 10 days, we welcome you to come discover Japan with us and other fellow travelers!
☆What our previous participants have said about trippiece events:
“Great day hiking and seeing Mashiko with great company. Worth the early Saturday wake up.” - Mairead, participant on Mashiko Sunflower Festival trip in Aug 2014
“A fantastic break from the city. Quite a wonderful experience: full of culture, history, good shopping, delicious lunch, and interesting people.” - Brent Hanson, participant on Mashiko Sunflower Festival trip in Aug 2014
“Special thanks to Shu san . We had a good time, thank you everybody.” - Shan, participant on Okutama Hiking in Aug 2014
“It was my first time joining any spiritual experience like Zazen but I felt welcome by the people at Risenji. Thanks Shu n Keisuke for the activity!” - Norah Hoang, participant for Zen Meditation experience in Jul 2014
“Great food, great company! Thanks for organising Shu :-)” - Ranj, participant for Misaki Tuna Auction day-trip in Jul 2014
1) trippiece is an online platform for travellers to plan and make trips with other likeminded travellers. All trips are planned by users on a voluntary basis. As this is a shared-cost trip, please refrain from cancellation as it may cause inconveniences to the volunteer planners and other participants.
2) The participant understands that during the course of the trip unforeseen situations may occur, including, but not limited to, accident, illness, political instability and the forces of nature. The participant agrees to assume all risks associated with the journey. By joining the activities, all participants are deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions contained in this disclaimer, and agreed to exonerate trippiece, the volunteer planners and any other participants in the trips from any liabilities, claims, including but not limited to liabilities and claims as a result of any injuries or deaths or damages arising thereof.
3) If the participant does not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date and time, the planner has the right to not wait for the participant. There is no refund of any money paid.
4) By joining you have hereby agreed & accepted the above terms and conditions.