[UPDATE 21 JULY] At Backstage Pass, we constantly experiment with new formats to improve the event. But ultimately, we aim to provide an outstanding experience through valuable networking and thoughtful content. We couldn't quite make the magic happen this time, so we're postponing the seventh session of Backstage Pass to early September. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused and hope to catch you at our next improved session!
With the National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre (NVPC), Backstage Pass invites you to meet Singapore's non-profit organisations, discover the causes they're passionate about, and strike up impactful collaborations!
Bonus: learn growth hacks to sell out your next event's capacity.
Backstage Pass by Peatix is a community event for event organisers - exchange lessons, connect with people who enable events and grow as a group. It's our 7th session in a year!
- Network: We will facilitate networking to match you up with potential partners, be it non-profits or community connectors.
- Learn: We will share growth hacks learned from events and data that boost your ticket sales.
- Engage: We are hosting an experienced panel incl. NVPC and UN Women Singapore to discuss building events for social impact.
"Am I an organiser?" Click "read more" below for FAQs.
Our event is held at The Hub - a lively co-working space that spreads "contagious courage".
Participants at our past six sessions (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6) represented organisations including TEDxSingapore, Creative Mornings, Green Drinks, Singapore Makers, Singapore Tourism Board, National Arts Council, Business Times, Time Out Magazine, I-S Magazine, Twitter, Google and Amazon.
Who's on the panel?
As Assistant Director, Advocacy for National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre (NVPC), Joel Chua manages national-level advocacy campaigns by engaging and partnering with multiple external institutional and individual stakeholders while aligning NVPC's internal structure. Joel also crafts media releases for NVPC, and is a frequent moderator on thought-leadership panel discussions.
As Head of Media & Corporate Partnerships for Singapore Committee for UN Women, Amra Naidoo coordinates local media relations and communications to engage corporate partners, drive outreach and support. Amra is also the project lead for Project Inspire - Singapore Committee for UN Women and MasterCard's global competition for social entrepreneurs. She has seven years of experience in project management and marketing.
Who's sharing the growth hacks?
Nicholas & Ethel will share anecdotal pointers, tips and tricks in working towards an event sell-out! Nicholas leads business development and Ethel leads customer experience at Peatix. Because of their roles, together, they have interacted with over 100 organisers on the ground within different event genres such as theatre, music, dance, design, workshops, startups, parties and more! This experience has lent them an understanding and know-how of issues faced and successful solutions used by organisers here in a bid to sell-out their events. A year since being at Peatix, Nicholas & Ethel now pool their knowledge together to share with you growth hacks to sell out your event from the get-go!
- Am I considered an "event organiser?" Peatix encourages events of all kinds to blossom - anything from tech talks, workshops and classes to theatre, art performances to parties, gigs to private dinners and gatherings. So yes, you're probably one without knowing it.
- I provide relevant services (audio-visual services, photobooth rental, app) - can I attend?Yes, we're an inclusive community. At the same time, organisers prefer to mostly meet other organisers. We require vendors to pay a higher entry of $30 and respect that this event is not a platform for selling services.
- Why can't I buy more than 4 tickets in one transaction? Diversity is important to us - come meet new friends!
- Vegetarian or Halal food? Yes! Please let us know in advance.
- Why isn't the event free? We serve food at wonderful venues. The price is not designed to be a barrier - we offer discounts to students, youths and dreamers.
- What's your refund policy? We understand that things may crop up. Feel free to transfer your ticket or approach us for a refund.
- Can I pay at the door? Yes you can, but at $20.
- Are you looking for partners? Glad you asked - please drop us a line.
- Who organises this? The community team at Peatix Singapore - Fabian Lua and Claire Ding.
- More questions? Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our venue partner: The Hub Singapore
The Hub Singapore is a home for purpose-driven people who use ventures and ideas to build a better world. More than just a coworking space, The Hub is a trusted community, stimulating events platform, and a base from which to launch your business and scale your impact. Part of a global network of 7000 innovators in nearly 60 Hubs across 5 continents, they accelerate cross-sector innovations to solve pressing issues of our time. Started in May 2012, The Hub Singapore is proud to have been the first Hub in Asia.
Our panelist organisations
NVPC (National Volunteer & Philanthropy Centre) is the national body that promotes and develops volunteerism and philanthropy across all sectors, functioning as a first-stop centre, catalyst and networking agency to foster the giving spirit in Singapore, whether of time, money or in kind. NVPC leads and catalyses transformations in volunteerism and philanthropy to build compassionate and engaged communities in Singapore that brings about impactful change.
The Singapore Committee for UN Women is a non-profit organisation working towards women's empowerment and gender equality in the region. They support programs that provide women and girls with access to education, healthcare, economic independence and a life free of violence and abuse. In order to achieve this, they undertake a wide range of fundraising activities, membership drives and public education programs and events.